The Changing World RPG
The Changing World RPG
The Changing World RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Changing World RPG

In a world that is changing rapidly, skinchangers become more and more common among the people in the world. A school is established to help control their powers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Thirst for Adventure

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emo

Antal indlæg : 16

A Thirst for Adventure Empty
PostSubject: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:24 pm

Place: Central area of the Eastern Mountains
Time: Early morning at sunrise, around 7 a.m.
Music: The Battle Is To The Strong - Yuki Kajiura

The light morning mist still hung in the air and the sun had only just begun casting its light over the mountains. All would have been completely silent if it had not been for the quiet footsteps of a predator on the prowl.

Sahi had come quite a way from his home. It was not unusual for him to cross long distances in search of prey - it was a necessity. He enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, often dragging it out as far as possible. This time his hunt had brought him to the highland plains, but by now he had called it off.

He made his way to the edge of a steep cliff, gazing into the distance. The sunrays illuminated the land before him: Tall mountains and deep valleys as far as the eye could see. To the south was a dense jungle, to the north wide plains. To the west laid a stretch of desert before reaching lush green forests. Sahi had never seen these places, but he had listened closely to the stories told by the older people in the village and vivid images had been painted in his mind.

A grin formed on his lips. Clenching his bow and adjusting the quiver strapped across his naked chest, he felt the urge return. An urge to cross the seemingly endless mountains and see what was beyond.

He had been holed up in the village for too long. He wanted to  see the world with his own two eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

Antal indlæg : 322
Geografisk sted : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 am

And a small distance away, Keiran was walking along, along the bottom of the very cliff Sahi was standing on. He walked over to the slightly deep river that ran there, and into it, washing the fur of his lower body, and scooping up water in his human hands to cleanse his face and furred ears with. Face and ears cleaned, he started washing off his human torso from the blood of the kill he'd made earlier today.

Normally, he didn't travel this far from his new family, but, his best friend had been left in charge, so they'd be alright for now, while he explored the area outside their territory.
Back to top Go down
https://changingworld.danskforum.net
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 am

With one last look ahead, Sahi began his descent from the cliff. He had left the rest of his belongings near the bottom of it since he was lighter on his feet when not carrying his stuff around. Besides, it was fairly safe to leave it behind - there were no provisions among it. Fresh meat was preferable and he was still content after his latest meal.

No, what he had left behind was simply human clothes. Although he much preferred to wear as little as possible, the time he had spent in the village had taught him dress properly. Not only did it serve the purpose to keep him warm, but it also offered some protection from being seen as an outcast among humans.

As he reached his bag of clothing, a noise in the distance made his ears perk up - the sound of water splashing. It was not uncommon for people to take a dip in the rivers and springs of the mountains. Putting on the garments - a brown longsleeved shirt buttoned in front and a pair of thin-soled leather shoes - he carefully approached the sound, unsure what he would find there.
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:06 am

While Sahi approached, Keiran was busy washing his long, sinuous tiger's tail, and when that was done, he stepped up onto the bank of the river again, shaking off the excess water from his fur and hair. His skin would just have to air-dry, as it usually did.

That done, he wandered over to a tree where he'd left some fruits he'd picked on the way there (the human part of taurs made sure even the predators ate fruit and vegetables), and after he laid down there, he picked up one of the fruits and started eating.
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 am

The moment Sahi noticed the large creature in the river, he made a quick decision to climb up the nearest tree. Hopefully the beast could not reach him there should it see him. 'Beast' seemed to be the best description of the character he had laid eyes upon. Part human, part tiger - it was unlike anything he had ever seen, even heard of!

His heart rate sped up as the creature approached the tree he had hid himself in. Sahi was glad that he still had his bow with him, although it did not appear that he had been noticed just yet which was a good thing. However, instead of looking for an escape, he closely watched the one beneath the tree. He wrinkled his nose at the fruit the other ate. Sahi himself had tried eating that once, but the taste had been horrible and he had been feeling sick for days. What was that person?
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:31 am

Keiran stretched out his lower body a little, the four legs flexing, claws out for a couple seconds before they retracted into his paws again.

His ear flicked as he heard just the softest sound from above himself - and, after swallowing his bite of fruit, he leant back to look up in the tree, his slit eyes - much the mix of a tiger and a human - zeroing in on Sahi. "What're you doing up there?" he asked, then concentrated on his fruit again as he took another bite of it. Unlike if he'd been at home, he was his polite self right now. If it'd been on his own grounds, that would've been a whole other story.
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:44 am

Sahi felt his fur stand on end as Keiran looked up at him. The other was much larger than he and Sahi was well aware of how dangerous tigers were. But could he regard the other as being a tiger? A human? Or something far more ominous? Hissing at the stranger and baring his fangs, Sahi took a step back on the thick branch where he had placed himself. It would seem that the other did not feel completely hostile - another good thing, he noted. Staring the predator straight in the eye, he spoke to the other.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:47 am

"Cowering in the tree." he shrugged and ate on, ignoring the challenge that a baring of fangs was. "Relax. I'm not going to harm you. I have no right to, here." he furled his tail around most of his lower body and ran a hand through his hair. That fruit finished, he moved on to the next.
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 am

Raising a brow, Sahi did not move an inch despite the other's words. His ears, however, did twitch at the first remark. Cowering? He was not cowering. He was just being careful. He had no intention of being eaten by anyone. No, Sahi was not so stupid as to expect that he could just jump down from the tree and waltz away.

"Sure, you're harmless, I bet," he growled, a hint of sarcasm in his words. "All happy and content and surely not in the mood for an easy meal."
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:13 am

"I'm full. I ate two deer earlier today. I avoid eating fellow felines whenever I can." true, the stomach area of the tiger-part of him bulged slightly with his grand meal from earlier. He ate the last couple pieces of fruit he had, then simply leant back against the tree with closed eyes. "And my two mates are taking care of my cubs for the next couple of days, so I don't have to feed them, either."
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:22 am

"Whatever you say."

Sahi had to admit that Keiran seemed to lack the usual interest of a predator that would usually show. Although it did not make him feel quite safe yet, it did put him more at ease. Lying down on his stomach on the branch, he let his tail sway as he continued to watch the other. At least he did not feel as threatened any longer.

"Cubs, huh? Lucky you. Just wandering around for the heck of it then?"
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:28 am

"Just wanting to see more of the land than my territory, yes." he raised his hind leg to scratch an itchy spot on his tiger belly. His ears laid out to the side as he simply relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:36 am

Sahi raised his head, his curiousity re-lit. It was not exactly often he found others who were interested in places beyond their own lands. And when Sahi found them, he could not resist the temptation to inquire. He could not help it - curiousity seemed to be in his nature.

"Have you ever been to the lands beyond the mountains?" he asked as images once again popped up in his head. "I've been told there are places that are so different from this that it's hard to believe unless you see it for yourself."
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 am

"I've roamed the Northern Plaines a bit in my younger years, yes. Not much foilage to take cover for the cold nights in, though. I had to trade with the humans for some decent clothing... Not having fur allover was a pain, there..."
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:51 am

"Colder than the highlands here?" Sahi asked from his spot on the branch, eyes wide in fascination. "I can imagine it would be difficult to deal with the humans. They don't seem to be very fond of any creature other than themselves. But... do you really not have any fur here?" He patted himself on the chest to show the other what he meant. "Like the humans?"
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 am

He nodded. "No fur at all, just skin. You can feel for yourself if you're curious." he shrugged and smiled. "And yes, it's colder, or at least as cold as our highlands."
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:14 am

"Promise you won't eat me if I come down?" The question was meant partially as a joke. Keiran's large stature was still pretty intimidating. Sitting up in a squatting position, an easy feat for someone as agile as Sahi, he grinned at the other. Hopefully the other would keep his words of the 'feline brotherhood'-kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 am

He nodded. "Promise." he grinned. "I don't like the taste of other felines, either way."
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:29 am

Nodding back, Sahi lept from the branch and landed perfectly on all fours on the ground. With a questioning expression he reached a hand out to try and feel the skin of the other. He found it difficult to believe that only the upper body of Keiran had no fur. Sahi himself was covered in it from head to toe, save for his palms and the soles of his feet which, in turn, were extremely sensitive. He still had no idea what exactly Keiran was. He appeared to be both animal and human, just like the humans had described Sahi's kind. However, the line between the two sides seemed more distinct. It was clear that there were still many things in the world Sahi was not yet aware of.
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:32 am

"You see? We taurs have no fur, just skin, up here." he commented with a small smile. "Andd completely human hands and arms as well." he showed him - no soft pawpads or sharp claws there, as most beastfolk had.
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:51 am

"Taurs?" Sahi tilted his head to the side. So that was what they were called? "Never heard of them before." Scratching his cheek, his sent the other a small smile. "At least you seem to be nicer than beastfolk though. They're kind of aggressive. Not very fun to approach them."
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 am

"I now. Some are more animal than human of mind. We're not." he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 am

"Well, yeah. It's just their instincts though. They're good to have." Rubbing the back of his neck, he laughed sheepishly. "Guess I'm pretty much the same. Sometimes the instinct just takes over, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Admin
Kashi

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 am

"Well,kinda, yeah. Doesn't happen too often for us, though." he shrugged. "Once in a while, but it's rare."
Back to top Go down
Emo

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 am

"Really?" Sahi raised a brow, not quite sure whether to fully believe that or not. "Isn't that... kind of strange? Being more human than animal, I mean." Crossing his arms in thought, he continued. "I'm weird enough as it is, but there's an entire group out there like that? That's hard to believe."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Thirst for Adventure   A Thirst for Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Thirst for Adventure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Changing World RPG :: RPG :: Eastern mountains-
Jump to: